- Collection & Cart Information
- Acceptable Recyclables
- Not Accepted
- Recycle Drop-Off Locations
- Electronic Recycling
- Curbside Textile Recycling
Cart placement is vital to our collection service. Please adhere to the following guidelines so we may service your cart safely and efficiently.
- Place carts at collection point by 7 a.m. on your collection day with wheels facing the garage and the lid opening toward the alley.
- Allow a MINIMUM of 2 feet of space between your cart and fence and any other object, which may increase damage risk. (i.e., gas meter, mailbox, cable box, parked vehicle and landscape waste pile/bags)
Blocking Access to Carts
According to the City of Plano Ordinance, it is unlawful to stop, stand, or park a vehicle or trailer on public or private property preventing access to solid waste or recycling collection carts by a collection truck attempting to service the cart.
The City of Plano accepts the following items for recycling:
- Aerosol cans
- Aluminum, tin, and steel cans
- Chipboard / boxboard (cereal and shoe boxes)
- Glass jars, containers, dishes, drinking glasses, and vases
- Junk mail, mixed office paper, school papers, and non-metallic paper gift wrap
- Milk and food containers
- Newspaper, magazines, and catalogs
- Food and beverage cartons
- Paper grocery bags
- Phone books
- Plastic bottles, containers, and lids including a stamped #1- #7, excluding Styrofoam
- Shredded paper - place in a sealed clear plastic bag
- Small corrugated cardboard boxes - should be clean, dry, and placed loosely in cart
NEW ITEMS ACCEPTED:
CAPS: The caps on plastic items like water bottles, detergent bottles and milk jugs may be left on the bottle; however, plastic and metal caps on glass bottles should be thrown away.
BAGS: Non-reusable grocery/shopping bags, dry cleaning bags, and newspaper bags should all be placed inside one bag. Bread bags, produce bags, and shrink wrap should be thrown away.
Items NOT accepted:
- Aluminum foil
- Baby diapers
- CDs / CVDs
- Facial or toilet tissue
- Light bulbs
- Metallic and cellophane gift wrap
- Paper towels
- Plastic containers used for motor oil, antifreeze or other hazardous materials
- Plastic wrap or plastic toys
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Trash bags
- Wire hangers
Drop-off containers for all items accepted through Environmental Waste Services residential recycling program are at the following locations:
7501 N. Independence Parkway
6200 Windhaven Parkway
2501 Coit Road
|Plano Municipal Center|
1520 Avenue K
1501 E. 18th Street
5024 Custer Road
Materials Recovery Facility
4200 E. 14th Street
7 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday
8 am - 12 pm, Saturday
|Chase Oaks Church|
281 Legacy Drive
United Electronic Recycling, LLC
Our partner, United Electronic Recycling, LLC (UER), provides professional, efficient recycling services to residents, small and large businesses, and educational organizations of Collin County, North Texas and Oklahoma. United Electronic Recycling:
- Accepts all computer related equipment, printers, audio & video equipment, consumer electronics, cell phones, and TVs*. Click here to view a complete list of what products UER accepts.
- Has a ZERO landfill or incinerator initiative! They are in full compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) for identity theft certification, by Federal Mandate and enforced by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Offers corporate services including secure data erasure, hard drive shredding, asset recovery, and Certificate of Destruction.
- Provides free pick-up of bulk amounts of equipment to businesses and schools.
- Residential Pick-Ups are available upon request, please contact UER for Logistical Costs/Fees.
*There is a disposal fee of $5 for CRT Monitors and $10 disposal fee for televisions 32 inches and smaller, and $20 for televisions larger than 32 inches when dropped off at the Recycling Events. UER cannot accept TVs, LCD, and/or CRT monitors with broken screens. Contact UER for more details.
Electronics Recycling Event Schedule
|First Saturday of every month||First United Methodist Church 3160 E. Spring Creek Parkway Plano, TX 75074||9 a.m. to Noon|
|Second Saturday of every month||St. Andrew United Methodist Church 5801 W. Plano Parkway Plano, TX 75093||9 to 11 a.m.|
|Third Saturday of every month||Christ United Methodist Church 3101 Coit Road Plano, TX 75075||9 to 11 a.m.|
Why Recycle Electronics?
"Bigger, better, faster" means millions of tons of old computers and entertainment systems become obsolete and end up in landfills every year. That's a lot of wasted space! Electronics also contain toxic chemicals (like lead, mercury, and cadmium) that contaminate soil and water if left in the landfills. For more information or questions, contact Environmental Waste Services Customer Service at 972-769-4150 or by email.
Texas law requires any manufacturer of televisions or computers that want to sell their products in Texas to provide recycling opportunities to their consumers at no additional cost. Click on the lists below for more information on free manufacturer programs available for recycling computers and televisions.
NOTE: Additional orange Simple Recycling bags are available at the City Warehouse located at 4100 W. Plano Parkway, 75093. Phone
4100 W. Plano Parkway
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 am - 5 pm